1. A site for articles, books and tapes on Franciscan
Evangelical Life, the Third Order Regular Rule (TOR)
and other Franciscan topics.
2. The National Office holds a database of most
Third Order Regular Franciscan congregations
in the United States.
1. To sponsor, host and publicize programs that focus on
Franciscan Evangelical life. 2. To be a clearing house in the
United States for studies and resources regarding the history,
spirituality and ongoing commentary on the 1982 Third Order
3. To support and deepen commitment to the Third Order
Regular charism through research, programs and sale of
4. To host an Annual Federation Conference (AFC).
5. To be a network of service for the TOR congregations and
other Franciscans, e.g. First Order Friars, Poor Clare Sisters, and
Secular Franciscans (SFO).
6. To collaborate with the International Franciscan Conference
7. To support active leadership in the Regionalization process of
the Federation. The regio
8. To collaborate and network with the Association of Franciscan
Colleges and Universities (AFCU); the Commission on the
Franciscan Intellectual Tradition (CFIT); Franciscan Retreat and
Spirituality Centers; Spiritual Directors; Justice, Peace and
Integrity of Creation (JPIC) Offices and Coordinators, Ministry and
9. To enhance communication for all TOR and Franciscan
A monthly email letter, Musings
Communications from the National Office
Periodic letters from the Presient of the Federation
Resource for publicizing congregational programs,
Franciscan programs and regional programs
10. To enhance Franciscan study, program and retreat
opportunities through networking and collaboration with
Franciscan Centers of learning and renewal.